Ann Brennan holds a B.A., M.A., and an Honorary Doctor of Letters from the University of New Brunswick.
She is the author of The Real Klondike Kate, The Hawthorn Bush, Earth Carries Spirit (Chapel Street Editions 2014), The Faery Chronicles (Chapel Street Editions 2018) and the monograph, Thinking Like a Mountain: The Philosophy of Arne Naess and the Deep Ecology Movement.
A founding member of the Writers’ Federation of New Brunswick, Ann is also a member of the Writers Union of Canada and the Canadian Association of Irish Studies. Her writing has appeared in Cormorant, Canadian Women’s Studies, Vox Feminarium and Stories in My Neighbours’ Faith.Ann has also penned several collections of poetry, and is currently writing the first in a series of children’s books on the Fairy Faith.
Ann leads Memoir Writing Workshops and has delivered workshops in Florida and through the Andrew and Laura McCain Gallery in Florenceville, NB.
- The Faery Chronicles, Chapel Street Editions, Woodstock, NB 2018
- Earth Carries Spirit, Chapel Street Editions, Woodstock, NB, 2014
- The Hawthorn Bush, Borealis Press, Ottawa, ON, 2005
- Feathers & Shells, a book of poetry, Henley Publishing, Woodstock, NB, 2000
- The Real Klondike Kate, Goose Lane Editions, Fredericton, NB, 1990
- Cameos, a book of poetry, Henley Publishing, Woodstock, NB, 1985